Friday, May 4, 2007

Two Birds With One Stone

I look down on my shirt to see the spot from a little boy who was giggling so much he couldn't control the drool. The spot helps me remember another spot from last week . . .

This same little boy frequently hugs with all his might. If he is really excited, he will squeeze as he rubs his head into your face or chest. One morning last week he gave me one of those wonderful hugs. With all his might he wrapped his arms around me and wiggled his face into my shoulder.

At the end of a long day of which I made several appearances in public, I recalled the exuberant hug from that morning. I happened to look across my shoulder and notice a big glossy spot of snot.

Was it a hug of love and adoration for mommy or was he just wiping his nose? I choose to believe it was a matter of killing two birds with one stone.

1 comment:

Hello Jeffie said...

You should be an author. You write really well. Unlike me, who writes like he talks.

I don't write to good, and I don't talk to right either. LOL

I loved the story. You should check out my new blog post