Thursday, May 17, 2007

Beggars Can't Be Choosers

It is no fun to be sick. For the last couple of days I have had the stomach flu.

I'd like to thank my family for all pitching in and taking care of things while I was throwing up and curling up in bed.

I asked Todd yesterday morning to send the kids in to me so I could check them over before he took them to school. He said he would just pin a note on them saying their mother was sick and their father got them ready this morning.

No, he didn't really pin the note on them, nor did he send them in for me to see.

My first glance at them was after school. Three of the four little kids were wearing the same clothes they had worn the day before including shirts, pants, and even socks and underwear.

Although things were not done the way I would have done them and the house is quite messy, I am still thankful everyone pitched in. The kids were dressed and fed. Homework got done. Everyone is still alive.

No comments: