Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Cold Cereal

I didn't have time to eat breakfast before going to Jay's annual review at the school (9:10 am). When I got home and put Niko in the bath tub around 10:30 am, I decided I was hungry. I started thinking about that last box of Recess Puffs cereal. The more I thought about the cereal, the hungrier I got. After about 15 minutes I decided to run to the kitchen to fix myself a bowl. After getting my bowl out of the cupboard, I reached for that box of Recess Puffs on the shelf. It was empty. I searched all around the pantry hoping to find one more box hidden away somewhere. No luck. I settled on some Golden Crisp.

We love cold cereal and we eat a lot of it at our house. It is one of my favorite grocery shopping bargains to find. Every so often Albertsons has a sale on name brand cereal for $1.00 to $1.20 a box. I always stock up. I have been known to buy 100+ boxes at a time. I can feed a family of ten for under $2.00 at breakfast.

I love a good bargain!

No comments: