Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Is It Summer Yet?

It was very strange sending the kids off to school today. It feels like it should be summer. Kim is working, the kids have been swimming, and we've started the BBQ season.

I'm not sure if I am ready for summer or not. I'm definitely ready for a break for homework. Yes, we will read and do things this summer to keep our skills up, but I am ready for a break from the daily hours and hours of homework (and the one child who complains and moans every single night about homework for the same amount of time he has to do it, and shall remain nameless). I think teachers today give too much homework to elementary children. It might be fine if I had one child in elementary school, but I have four.

The kids take about two weeks getting use to being around each other so much. There is usually quite a bit of quarreling. I am hopeful that with all of them being a year older, they will not take too much adjusting time.

I am also ready to not get up at 6:30 in the morning. It wouldn't be so bad if I went to bed at a decent hour. That rarely happens.

Ready or not, I have just over a week to go. Then . . . school's out!

No comments: