Sunday, September 14, 2008
It's so cute and creepy at the same time.
I am ready for it to be moved to its intended spot, on top of the greenhouse to scare away the birds.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Me: The high school jazz band?
Me: I thought they already had a drummer. What instrument are you going to play.
Thomas: The bass guitar.
Me: Is that an electric guitar?
Me: Have you ever played a bass guitar before?
Thomas: I tried my friend's before.
Me: When was that?
Thomas: Last school year.
Me: How are you going to practice?
Thomas: It's the same top 4 strings that are on my guitar and the teacher gave me some music to play.
Me: The tryouts are tomorrow?
Me: Does the school have a bass guitar you can use?
Me: Okay. Good luck.
Yes, Thomas is now a member of the high school jazz band.
I'm just sayin'.
And in a rush to get the wipes semi orderly back into the box you might just miss the photo opportunity for your blog.
I'm just sayin'.
Then I remember Todd had shown me to undo by using the Ctrl Z. Fast and steady I held down the Ctrl button and then the Z. And then my post magically reappeared before my eyes. I breathed a sigh of relief.
Today, most computer programs have every button you need on the screen, ready for the click of a mouse. And then sometimes they are not there . . .
Thank you, Todd, for teaching me some of the basics key strokes.
This is from my trip to Walmart yesterday. Each box on the table was only .25. There was no prep for this trip and no coupons involved, just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
As I went down the isle, the man stocking the shelf said, "We are trying to get these items out of our stock. Everything is .25. They haven't expired yet." So I filled up some shopping carts, 3 to be exact.
So here are my favorite frugal tips:
1. Don't buy anything you wouldn't normally buy or use no matter how good the coupon or sale is, even if it is free.
2. There is usually a free Redbox code every Monday. Let me know if you want me to post them.
3. Walgreen's has an EasySaver booklet every month full of rebates. You don't have to fill out anything by hand, clip UPCs, or send in receipts. You do everything online. Just type in your receipt number. They have 8-10 items each month that are completely free with the rebate. Buy the rebate items later in the month because everything gets kind of picked over when the booklets first come out. If you purchase the item with a coupon, you still get the full rebate back. The booklet are usually right inside the door next to the current week's circular.
4. There are women out there who hunt down bargains all day long. Just read their blogs so you can find the same deals without spending too much time looking. Let me know if you want me to post my favorite thrifty blogs too.
5. Teach your children to be thrifty.