Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thursday Evening Conversation

Thomas: Hey mom. I'm trying out for the Jazz Band tomorrow.


Me: The high school jazz band?


Thomas: Yes.


Me: I thought they already had a drummer. What instrument are you going to play.


Thomas: The bass guitar.


Me: Is that an electric guitar?


Thomas: Yes.


Me: Have you ever played a bass guitar before?


Thomas: I tried my friend's before.


Me: When was that?


Thomas: Last school year.


Me: How are you going to practice?


Thomas: It's the same top 4 strings that are on my guitar and the teacher gave me some music to play.


Me: The tryouts are tomorrow?


Thomas: Yes.


Me: Does the school have a bass guitar you can use?


Thomas: Yes.


Me: Okay. Good luck.


Yes, Thomas is now a member of the high school jazz band.

1 comment:

jenimur said...

Is there anything this guy CAN'T do? He is a talented guy! Isn't cool to see what your children evolve into?