Monday, May 14, 2007

The Home Owner

While driving down the road with a car full of kids, I decided to make the most of my time by striking up a conversation about money. I asked each of the kids, "If you could buy anything you wanted, and it didn't matter how much it cost, what would you buy?" I was intrigued and impressed with all of the answers, but with Justin the most.

Justin proudly stated, "I want a Home Owner!"

"Wow, you want to be a home owner?" I said.

Justin added, "Yes, I want to be a home owner!"


We talked more about money, how to earn it, how to save it, and how to own a home. As we continued in car, I kept thinking about Justin's response. I was so impressed that he was already thinking of home ownership at this age. Out of all the younger kids, he is the most practical and responsible with his choices.

A few minutes after our conversation ended, Justin said, "Wait mom! It's not called a home owner. It's called a Hummer. When I grow up, I want to have a Hummer.

Thanks for the laughs Justin. I still think you are very practical and responsible.

No comments: