Thursday, June 7, 2007

School is Out

Life goes on. Will I have time to blog this summer? I hope so.

After writing the above sentence I have had 5 different children come into the office with a question or comment. One even got me off the computer for a whole half of an hour by asking to check their email “for just a second.” I may have to find a different time to blog like early in the morning.

Speaking of early morning . . . Almost everyday I have to drag the little kids out of bed to get ready for school before the are ready to get up at about 8:00 or 8:15 am. I was so excited to sleep in this morning. There was no alarm for Kim or Tom at 6:25 am and I knew the little kids would sleep in. So . . . on my first day to sleep in (I was hoping until 8:30 am) the kids were up at 7:15 am.

I also am wondering if I will know what to write this summer. When I am taking care of kids all day sometimes I feel brain dead, like I’m going through the motions but my head is numb.


Our calendar seems to jump from one extreme to another. The days are filled completely up or there is hardly anything on them at all. Today we were suppose to take Niko to a visit with his birth mom but she canceled. Kim was suppose to work today but the water park is closed due to weather. The only other thing scheduled is for me to pay bills today. And I think I’ll urge some children into cleaning.

I am really antsy to start another sewing project. I don't know if that can happen in the summer. Maybe I will try just a small project that will tide me over until fall. We will see . . .

Wow, this blog is longer than I thought. When I sat down to write I didn't think I had anything to say.

I was about to close this blog when Niko came into the office and decided to see what would happen if he flipped the power switch on the power strip. Thank goodness that blogger now automatically saves your draft every minute. I'll just make one more quick check to see what I lost.

No comments: