Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm Back

I'm back. No I didn't go on vacation or anything spectacular like that. I just haven't been on the computer for a few days except to check the email and post a couple of pictures. It feels like I haven't written in a long time.

We really try to spoil our kids on their birthdays, probably a little too much. We start with breakfast in bed, hanging streamers, their pick of dinner, cake, presents, sometimes friends . . . you get the idea. It is exhausting. I wouldn't post that today except for the fact that Thomas doesn't read my blog. Yesterday was his birthday and we celebrated all day. Today he is having a party with friends, so we are still celebrating.

It probably wouldn't be so exhausting if we didn't have so many kids. But we have a birthday once a month from March to September. Plus we have to throw in Todd's birthday, Grandpa's birthday (which is tomorrow), Father's Day, and Mother's Day (yes, that day is exhausting too, but that's another story).

I don't mean to sound like I am complaining. I am happy to be exhausted. I enjoy making a big deal out of special days. Even though it is a lot of work and I feel exhausted, I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments: