Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day and More Rambling

Breakfast in bed (pancakes with boysenberry syrup), a picture to hang on his office wall (prayer at Valley forge), and spaghetti for dinner were our attempts at helping Todd have a good Father's Day.

Sacrament meeting was amazing yesterday. The Young Men and Young Women sang one of my favorite songs. I will try and post the words to the song soon if I can find them. The speakers were great too, a High Councilman and his son who just returned from his mission.

Yesterday it was cold enough to wear my "frumpy sweater," as I like to call it. I have a black sweater that I have worn for many years. When it was new it quickly became my favorite. I wore it a lot. Now it is falling apart, but I still love it. It is very thin in places, frayed on the edges, holes in the armpits, and the arms are stretched to twice their original size. I use to wear it to church and out to dinner. Now I wear it around the house and even to bed when I am really cold. It will be a sad day when I finally have to let it go.

Also this weekend I found out a certain person had the qualities and traits I assumed they possessed. I also discovered another person did not possess all of the qualities and traits I believed them to have.

I think I need more sleep.

No comments: