Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Luxury I Don't Want to Live Without

How amazing is this . . . not one little child came to wake us up until 9:30 am this morning! Except for the half hour I was awake (6:30 - 7:00 am) to take Kim to Color guard practice, I slept in . . . Todd too. It was a miracle!

As I lied there in bed with the top sheet tucked under my chin, I thought about the wonderful sheets on our bed.

Until a couple of years ago I had no idea that sheets came in a higher thread count than 120. I don't think growing up my Dad had (or still does) have any idea either. As a newlywed we just bought the cheapest Walmart sheets available.

I began to hear about higher thread count sheets on all those home shows I would watch on TV. I wondered what all the hoopla was about.

Then . . . a couple of years ago when I went to Walmart to buy some new sheets. There was a set of 300 count sheets on sale for about the same price as the 120 count set. We bought them.

There is no turning back! They are so soft and smooth. I had no idea. I can only imagine what 400 . . . 500 . . . 600 . . . thread count sheets might feel like . . .

Every night as I climb into bed I pull the sheet right up under my chin because it feels so good next to my face. I think that higher thread count sheets are one luxury item I don't ever want to live without again.

No comments: