Sunday, September 16, 2007

8 Trees and a Tumble

Friday morning I planted 8 trees, Dwarf Alberta Spruce trees, in our flowers beds in front of the house. They only grow 4-6 feet tall and 2-3 feet wide. We needed something to stay green all winter and something to add a little height to the front of the house. They are only 12-18" tall right now. The trees that were 2-3 feet tall already were 6 times the price. We will wait an extra year for growth in order to save money.

While I was planting grandpa came out to see if he could help. As he was standing on the top step, he asked to borrow the shovel to dig out a weed. He stepped backward and lost his balance, stepped onto the next step down, hit his back on the next step, and then hit his head on the bottom step.

It was all in slow motion for me. He didn't want any help up. I think he was a little embarrassed. I was worried about him most of the morning, but he seems to be doing fine, not even a bruise.

No comments: