Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Winter Dinner

I LOVE to cook and bake. It's the cleaning up after that I'm not so keen on. I haven't been cooking much in the summer because the thought of standing in front of a hot stove or oven on a hot day just doesn't appeal to me.

The other day Todd and I were talking about the foods that we really enjoy. The first thing that came to my mind was the chicken enchiladas we had a few days ago. I love almost anything Mexican. He said the were good but one of his favorite things was pasta.

I decide to make a meal he would enjoy, something I would not normally make in the middle of the summer because it required three heat sources, the George Foreman Grill, the stove top, and the oven. So, on a hot summer day I made grilled chicken, Fettuccine Alfredo, and oven roasted summer squash (fresh from the garden). We also had cantaloupe from the garden.

It was absolutely delicious and I am very thankful for air conditioning.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Here is an easy recipe for baked pasta:

Ingred:

Cooked pasta, I use 1 box of Barilla Mini-Penne (You could name it after you!)
1 jar Classico Italian sausage pasta sauce - Save a little sauce to spread over the top
20 (or more if you like) frozen prepared Italian meatballs, thawed
20 oz. Whole milk Ricotta

Combline all and pour into casserole dish, spread reserved sauce, sprinkle a little parmesean cheese on top and dot with chunks of butter. Bake at 350 for half an hour or so.

If you try it let me know. The first combination I tried wasn't so good but this one worked for me. You will want to double or maybe triple it.

Larry

but save a little of the sauce to spread over the top