Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Naked Boy

Sunday is a great day. This little two year old boy at our house loves to get all dressed up . . . white shirt, dress shoes, vest and/or jacket, and don't forget his tie. As soon as he sees someone else in their church clothes he can hardly wait to get his church clothes on.

Any other day of the week he just wants to wear his diaper. As soon as breakfast is over, off comes the pajamas. He doesn't want to put clothes on. Being that this is the seventh child in this family, I have learned to pick my battles. This one is just one that is not worth fighting.

Yesterday I managed to get him to put clothes on for a couple of hours. I had to go pick up kids from school and he wanted to go with me. I told him he could only come if he had clothes on. He was convinced. Other than that he spent the rest of the day in nothing but a diaper, and sometimes not even that . . .

Since we have started potty training he decides to randomly take off his diaper to have a sit. Then I happen to see him starring out the front window, sitting at the table, or walking down the hall in nothing but his birthday suit.

No comments: