Friday, April 20, 2007

I Went to Jail Today

Today my fourth grader, Erica, went on a field trip with her class to the Old Idaho State Penitentiary. As a young mom I went on many field trips with my kids classes. I haven't been on many these last few years. I knew I needed to go today with Erica. To this day I still get the creeps remembering my field trip to the Old Penitentiary when I was in fourth grade. I wanted to make sure Erica felt secure while she was there. There were many times she grabbed my arm or waist and held on tight. Some of the cells she wouldn't even go in and look. I was glad I was there.

I wonder if one of the reasons they take all the fourth grade classes there is to hinder them from leading a life of crime.

I know there probably has been many of you who have been there and it didn't seem to effect them at all. I think I get creeped out pretty easy.

Another thing that creeped me out in my early youth was the Oompa Loompa men from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

No comments: