Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Food

I have done 2 rounds of the HCG diet this year.  During each round, when I felt deprived of something good to eat, I would watch the Food Network and the Cooking Channel.  I would even venture to say I became a little addicted, using the DVR to record my favorite shows and watch them into the late hours after the kids were in bed.  I have always loved cooking, just not the cleaning up associated with it.  But now I just want a little bit more.  I have enjoyed making some fun meals for my family.  But I have also embarked on a new venture . . . going out to eat.  It is kind of a stretch for me, being a bit of a tightwad and all.

So why this post?  So when I post about new places we’ve eaten at, you wont be thinking, “Where did that come from?”

I’ve made a list of places I want to eat and try out the food.  I hope to take along a family member or friend with me because, well, it’s just no fun to eat a good meal unless you share it with good company.


One more thing . . . I wont be checking out national franchises.  I already have a lot of those favorites.  I'll be checking out local places, supporting the community.

No comments: