Wednesday, November 7, 2007

In an Instant

I have had the same pair of sunglasses for a very long time, so long that I can't remember when I got them. I take very good care of them. They are usually in the car in a special holder unless I am driving or at an outside event. I am very careful to not get scratches or even fingerprints on them.

A few days ago I was getting out of the car at Walmart and realized I still had my sunglasses on. I set them gently on the seat of the car and made a mental note to remember they were there. When I came back to the car after shopping I hopped in the car. It wasn't until several minutes later that I remembered where I had left my glasses. I was sitting right on them.

They looked almost normal, just a little bent. Now every time I put them on, they just don't fit quite right. Those sunglasses that I took such great care of for so long are damaged in a short instant.

No comments: