Thursday, November 29, 2007

Battle of Wills

This morning the newness has worn off for little Nick. He decided to engage in a battle of wills with me. He was throwing a little tantrum this morning and I told him he needed to go sit on the red couch for 2 minutes and calm down before he could have breakfast. He is almost three and very smart. I know he knew what I was talking about. His tantrum lasted about an hour and a half. Several times I asked him if he wanted breakfast and then explained what he needed to do. Twice he even started walking towards the red couch. When he was about a foot in front of it he turned and looked at me and then turned around and went to the other side of the room and sat down on the floor. He did everything he could think of to get breakfast but I held my ground until he sat calmly on the red couch for two minutes. When he finally did it we cheered and he ate breakfast and all was back to normal, whatever normal is.

No comments: