Friday, September 9, 2011

Off to College

I think I am still in a little bit of denial.  Thomas and Parker drove themselves off to college, packed to the roof.  I thought the second child would be easier.  But, no.
They drove off smiling.  I cried all the way home.
They drove up on Tuesday.  Todd, I, and 3 kids followed behind on Thursday with the rest of Thomas' stuff.  Todd and I dropped the 3 kids off with Kim for the day and then finished our trip.  We carried Tom's stuff into his apartment, visited with him for a while, went to the Temple, and then spent the evening with a couple of my college roommates eating, visiting, and taking pictures. 


It took us a few minutes to get serious.
 I'm sure we look just the same as we did 20 years ago.
Here we are with our spouses, of which we all met at Ricks College.
It was so fun to catch up with them.  The time was too short.


We drove back to Kim and Travis' that night to sleep.  I arose early to the first sounds of my garanddaughter so we could play before everyone else woke up.

No comments: