Saturday, April 9, 2011

Paper Towels

I like to keep my kitchen counters as clear as possible.  It seems like there are just some things that are unavoidable.  Here is the paper towel holder we have used for years. 
                                

Most of the time it looked like this, with a trail of paper towels across the counter.

I picked up this new paper towel holder at Hobby Lobby for 50% off last week.  Hooray! More clear counter space.  Now if I could just figure out what to do about all those red cups . . . 

3 comments:

Karin said...

No, the red cups are a great idea. Better a row of labeled cups on the countertop than a sink full of cups kids get out one.after.another.
Guess you could get a rainbow of cups and assign each kid a color. Then have them load the cups and get their color of cup out anytime they need a drink. Of course you could still do that with the red ones- just keep 'em in the dishwasher.
Oh, and isn't that ironic that my $5 request came just MINUTES after I read about yours? Strange. Oh well- worth the $$ as long as we're not being scammed, right?!

Meighan said...

It seems no one else in house understands the importance of a clean counter like mom does. At least that's the case at my house, too. I feel like I'm constantly going through piles of papers and gadgets that have been abandoned on the counter. Hooray for more free counter space!

Cheryl said...

I feel your pain. But, as we know the red cups prevent a dishwasher full of single use water glasses.
I hung mug hooks in one house and we kept mugs on them for water. But we don't have the perfect place to do that here. :o)

Cheryl