Saturday, April 30, 2011

Diffuser

No laughing at this post if you are a professional photographer . . . 

I am just learning to take pictures.  Natural light is my favorite. Sometimes it is too dark and I just have to use a flash.  But the flash makes everything so stark white.  So I made this tiny little white diffuser to slip over my built-in, pop-up flash.  Check out the difference. 

                            

Before.
After.


Before.
After.
I don't know if I love it, but it sure does take some of the starkness away.

2 comments:

Karin said...

BRILLIANT!!! i love the difference. Is that white paper or cloth?
LOVING my book, too- you are awesome!

LDS Mom said...

It's white cloth. I tried 2 different thicknesses of fabric. The thinner one seemed to work better. I have extra fabric if you want a piece to make one. It is left over scraps from when I made my granddaughter's blessing dress.