Thursday, June 19, 2008

And I Say Goodbye

There it hangs with all of the other bags in my closet, fraying and falling apart.

It was my favorite souvenir from our trip to Mexico 8 years ago. I used it so often that I had to tape the handles to keep them from falling apart. The top of the bag began to tear and the bottom began to fray. The last few times I used it, pieces of it were left behind.

In all my efforts to dejunk and get organized, it is hardest to let go of objects with deep rooted happy memories. And so my bag has hung for a couple of years unused.

One last picture . . .

to remember.

And then it is gone.

1 comment:

Letia said...

I finally figured out I could part with things a little better if I took pictures of them first. I did that with a purse too. It's good to have the memories. There is one bag I haven't used in 10 years and I still can't get rid of though, so I am not perfect.