Thursday, March 27, 2008

Rewarding

I think this may be one of the most rewarding projects I have ever done.

When I was little I use to sit on this stool at my grandma's house. I have many fond memories of sitting on this stool.

It has seen better days. I have been prompted several times to let it go, but just didn't want to part with the memories.

I took it apart. Look what was inside . . . before the days of foam padding.

And off I went to the fabric store during nap time. I wanted to find fabric that looked like it came from "back then." I knew this was the print the moment I saw it.
I recovered it. I am so pleased. Every time I look at it, I think of my grandma's house.

1 comment:

the howe family said...

Looks great! I remember that stool. brings back a lot of memories. love ya jenn