Saturday, October 6, 2007

Japanese Food and Thomas

Lately I have been trying some Japanese recipes, along with my sidekick, Thomas.

A couple of weeks ago we made onigiri, Japanese rice balls. They are basically about a half a cup of rice formed into a ball or triangle with a center of tuna, salmon, pickled plum, etc. They have a strip of nori (seaweed) around the outside. Yummy! Thomas and I both loved them. Everyone else picked the seaweed off the outside and then loved them.

A couple of days ago we made a dish that I have no idea what it is called. We first tried it at our dinner group. In a baking dish I spread a layer of rice. Then added a layer of chopped crab (imitation) mixed with mayonnaise. To eat it you scoop up a little and place it in a square of nori and enjoy. Yummy too! Thomas and I enjoyed it together.

Today Thomas and I flash boiled some bok choy and then topped it with a little oyster sauce. It was so good!!!

It is really great having a son who enjoys trying new and different food with me. Thank you, Thomas!

2 comments:

Angela said...

yummy! Delsa turned me on to Sushi over the summer - We found a great little Sushi Bar and can't get enough - looking forward to one day sampling your creations.

LDS Mom said...

To Angela -- I have always wanted to try sushi but haven't had the chance, except for california rolls. Those really don't count. Can I come with you two to the sushi bar?