Friday, July 13, 2007

Don't You Wish You Were Here?

We have been enjoying the fruits of Grandpa's garden this past week, new red potatoes, beets, peas, and green beans. Today for an afternoon snack the kids and I enjoyed the first cucumbers, sliced and dipped in ranch dressing. It was so yummy! And fresh!

Here is a view of Grandpa's garden from my laundry room window. It's a great site to enjoy as I fold clothes. The picture just doesn't do the garden justice. It is absolutely beautiful and barely a weed can be found.

It looks like a storm could be brewing. I'm hoping for rain to help cool things off.

By the way . . . Todd and I both jumped off the bargain boat and swam to shore. Please note in the following sentence that I use the term "we" very loosely, as I will be the one keeping little kids out of the way and not doing the installation. We are installing sod in the front yard tomorrow morning at 7:00am. The reason I am posting the time is in hopes that you all will be over to help with the festivities. Hee hee!

No comments: