Saturday, March 26, 2011

Clothing Exchange

I had to do a personal project for the class I am taking this semester at BYU-Idaho.  It had to be based off of a talk we had studied during class.

Here is a quote from a conference talk by Elder D. Todd Christofferson entitled, “Come to Zion.” (October 2008): “In much of the world, we are entering upon unsettled times.  Let us look after one another the very best we can.”

I purposed a clothing exchange.  Everyone brought their unused and outgrown clothes and shoes to my house over a 4 week period.  I sorted them all by gender and size and then people came back to find things they needed.  Every flat surface in our home was covered.

It was very successful.  It felt great to have us all helping each other, no money required, just time and things we didn't need anymore.


No comments: