Friday, April 13, 2012

Adding a Name

I finally got our family picture hung on the wall.  I use the term "I" quite loosely here because, in reality,  it was Todd who did the work after I explained to him how much I wanted to get it up on the wall.  And reminded him about several of the last times when I attempted to hang something on the wall.  That's all that needs to be said here.

It was hard to place it at the right height.  I felt like it needed to be lined up with the top of the sconces.  Because I like things all even.  But then everyone would have to strain their necks to look at it.  So we settled on placing it here.  It really needed something more.  It needed a project that would allow me to forget about all the things I needed to get done that day and do something I wanted to do instead.  I think this story sounds familiar . . . 
 The project consisted of a trip to Hobby Lobby, black paint, a paint brush, and some sand paper.  And an afternoon painting letters and scuffing them up a little to look old. 
I am much happier with the picture placement now.

No comments: