Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fire!

Let me preface the following pictures with a few statements.

It is not a good idea to have dry grass adjacent to our home.

It is not a good idea to have combustible objects sitting on the dry grass near our home.

I am thankful one of my children was outside at the right moment.

I am thankful for one very level headed son who knew exactly what to do in a very intense situation.

I am thankful extra people were visiting at the right moment.

It could have been much worse.  I am grateful that it was not.






1 comment:

Mom to Many said...

Wow, that could really have been serious! A home a few doors down from us that was just built and was waiting for it's family to move in had a fire. The A/C man was soldering. Set his stuff down on a card board box on the grass. He went into the basement to do something and the next door neighbor looked out to see flames. The siding melted, a tool box was destroyed and new sod charred. The neighbor who saw it had a fire extinguisher in his garage and put it out. It really makes us think about things.
I am so glad you did not lose your home.