The power went out today. We had our fireplace burning at full, with the fan blowing. The back up power we have from the windmill kept the fan blowing for quite a while. But then it stopped. Something in the house smelled like burning. And then the fire alarms all went on. And stayed on.
We were pretty sure it was just the fireplace, but didn't want to take any chances. The kids were reminded to follow the drill we had practiced. Todd and Thomas searched through the house, including the attic, making sure everything was okay.
I grabbed my predetermined items, the back up computer drive, our important papers, my purse, and coat, and joined the kids outside.
No fire, just smoke that got pulled in when the power went out. Good practice drill.