Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

We have had the same foods for our big Christmas Eve celebration for as long as I can remember.  Why?  I don't know.  So this year we decided to try something new.  We went with an Asian theme.  

These take out boxes, filled with Asian candies, were our place cards.  This is Brian, my brother in-law and head chef for any holiday feast.  We never would have pulled off the evening if it were not for him.


Red chargers with white plates were topped with napkins and chopsticks.  The centerpieces were Thomas' idea.  Yes, those are fish.  I should not take him with me when I go shopping.  He has this Jedi power where he talks me into things.




My favorite Christmas visitor . . .


And then we dig in!  I have no pictures of the food because I was so tired from working in the kitchen that it didn't even cross my mind.  Woops!  We had pork and seeds, pot stickers, egg rolls, and California rolls for appetizers.  Then bowls of eggs drop soup.  The meal consisted of steamed white rice, stir fried vegetables, sesame noodles, almond chicken, orange chicken, and schezwan shrimp.  It was delicious.  And we had a LOT of left overs.


The traditional nativity . . .




Karen and Paul joined us for the first time this year.  Karen was our pianist for our Christmas Carol sing-a-long.


And of course a visit from Santa!

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Love the idea!!

Great idea on the to go containers :)