Monday, August 22, 2011

Trip to Texas

Todd and I flew to Texas for a few days.  Our niece, Jeana, was leaving on a mission.  We wanted to hear her speak and sing in church the Sunday before she headed into the MTC, Missionary Training Center.

Todd made our first stop be at the In-n-Out Burger only moments from getting off the plane.

The first morning we went to the Dallas Temple.  There were so many similarities between it and our Boise Temple.  They are called sister temples.

Here is our beautiful niece with her parents.

That afternoon and evening was spent with family visiting, eating, playing in Tracy and Virginia's swimming pool . . . 
 and playing games like Minute to Win It.


Here are my 2 beautiful sisters in-laws, Delsa and Angela, fixing some yummy food at Troy and Delsa's home the next day, Sunday.

One last pose of the siblings before we said our goodbyes . . . 

3 comments:

Barbara Wiser said...

I LOVE Texas...looks like you had a great time!

That is so cool about your niece going on a mission. Maybe she'll meet my son Carsten who is also in the MTC right now!

I really love the new look of your blog...that is an awesome picture of your family!

Happy September!
Your blogging friend
Barbara

Karin said...

Where have I been? I just spent my morning catching up on your blog... including next week's burger stop:) Did you ever try Chadders, down by Target & the Mall? They went out, but were a similar take-off.
I wish I were on top of things enough to invite families to the pool. Glad you guys enjoyed it- looked like you even had the place to yourselves!
LOVE the family pictures!!! All of them! I am sure you see a lot of Kim in her, but my first thought was that cute little granddaughter sure looks like her daddy:) She is a doll!!!

Abbie said...

I have a place I like to go to when I go to new york. It is called White Castle.

Your niece is beautiful! Very sweet family pictures.