Monday, October 19, 2009

Two Different

These two children are growing up in the same home. They are even related by blood. Yet it is obvious that children are just born with different personalities.

I gave both boys a haircut Saturday afternoon. Here are the conversations I had with each them following their own haircut.

Justin: (Doesn't say a word. He just gets up from the chair, turns around, and stares at me.)
Me: You need to go take a shower now.
Justin: That's why I hate haircuts, cause I always have to take a shower!
Me: (thinking in my head . . . don't you have to take a shower today even if you didn't get a haircut?)
Justin: (Muttering under his breath as he takes his towel downstairs.)
3 minutes later . . . Justin comes upstairs.
Me: Did you take a shower?
Justin: Yes.
Me: Did you use shampoo?
Justin: I'm clean.
Me: Did you use shampoo?

Justin: No.
Me: Did you use soap?

Justin: I let the water run all over me really good.
Me: Did you use soap?

Justin: No.
Me: Did you put clean underwear on?

Justin: I just put these on today.
Me: The underwear or the shorts?

Justin: The shorts.

Okay . . . I'm tired of typing. There is more to this conversation, but you get the idea.

Here is my conversation with Jay:

Jay: Thanks for the haircut mom! I really needed one! Should I go take a shower now?

No comments: