Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sad

When Niko came on Friday he had a temperature of 102, he was coughing and throwing up. He had no appetite. He also had blisters on the inside of his throat. When he left 4 months ago he was completely potty trained even at night. He came back in diapers and refused to go potty on the toilet.

I may be venting.

The judge sent him back home on an extended visit on a technicality of who found him and what shape the home was in. Whatever happened to children being more important than the rules and regulations?

Our joy was short lived.

Todd talked to the mom and we are hopeful she will let us visit him now.

It is hard to keep a smile on my face and be strong and encouraging in front of the other kids when all I want to do is cry because my heart aches so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I didn't realize things were so horrible! I'm so sorry if you ever need help (not that a poor college student is much help) you can always call me or something. I hope you can convince Niko's parents to let him stay with you! You would love him forever!!! GOOD LUCK!

jenimur said...

So sorry for your heartache! I hope it all works out for you guys and for little Niko. He looks so cute!

You have got me addicted to blogging. You can check mine out at love4myfamily.blogspot.com

Love, Jeni Murphy